Outdoor Stove Bushbox XL
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: BCE-008
- Highly efficient folding stove
- Perfect for longer outdoor trips
- Suitable for cooking for 3-4 people
- The set includes: Bushbox XL, Trivets (Set)
- approx. 765 g | 19 x 12.5 x 1 cm (folded), 19 x 12.5 x 12.5 cm (unfolded)
- Material: 100 % stainless steel
- Made in Germany
Our Bushbox XL really is all about efficiency. Just a few small twigs are enough to bring water to the boil or cook a meal. Together with a pair of variable Trivets, you are perfectly equipped and flexible in every way when you are out and about.
The "Outdoor Stove Bushbox XL" in detail
- The Bushbox XL is our largest stove and perfect for longer outdoor trips, camping, trekking tours, bushcraft adventures, for bikers, expeditions and much more.
- With this extraordinarily efficient, portable folding stove, you can easily boil water for several people, prepare food, grill meat and much more, using only little fuel.
- Featuring our unique hinge technology that ensures the hinges never stick, the Bushbox XL is easy to set up and fold, even with gloves or clammy hands.
- With the Bushbox XL you are completely independent, as it can be used in many different ways and is suitable for natural solid fuels (twigs, branches, leaves, charcoal, animal dung) as well as for spirit burners (e.g. Trangia), Esbit tablets, gel cookers, etc.
- With its small pack size (only approx. 1 cm thick when folded), the ingenious hobo stove can be stowed anywhere.
- The Bushbox XL is well thought-out down to the smallest detail and offers you many possibilities for individual use. Read more here.
- To use as little plastic as possible, your Bushbox XL comes in a lightweight cotton bag. For regular use, we recommend our Heavy Duty Outdoor Bag Bushbox XL or the matching Leather Pouch Bushbox XL.
- Weight: 765 g
- Dimensions: 19 x 12.5 x 1 cm (folded), 19 x 12.5 x 12.5 cm (unfolded)
- Material: 100 % stainless steel (1 mm, 1.4301)
- Made in Germany
How our stoves work:
All our Bushboxes follow the stack effect (or chimney principle): The air flows into the stove from below, causes even damp material to burn and produces strong heat which – thanks to the clever design of the stove - is directed straight upwards and hardly radiates to the sides. Compared to a campfire, the Bushbox allows for a clean, compact and safe way of cooking, fully in line with the "Leave no Trace" principle.
Trivets (Set) Bushbox XL
- The Trivets are attached to the back of your Bushbox XL. This way, they are always safely stowed away and won't get lost on the way.
- On top of the Bushbox XL they ensure safe standing even for smaller cups and cooking vessels.
- Various notches allow for the Trivets to be inserted in different positions as required and ensure sufficient air supply between flame and cookware.
- Thanks to the Trivets, you can place an external heat source (e.g. Trangia) at any height in the Bushbox XL.
- Alternatively, the Trivets can be used to handle the hot Bushbox. In combination with the separately available Universal Grate, they can also be used as a toast holder or to keep your coffee cup warm. Be creative.
- Weight: 64 g (Set)
- Dimensions: 18 x 1.5 cm
- Material: 100 % stainless steel
- Made in Germany
OTHER PRODUCTS SHOWN ARE INTENDED FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE NOT PART OF THE OFFER.
Not sure which stove is right for you? Then take a look at our stove selection matrix:
Bushbox XL Tips & Tricks:
Bought the bushbox xl about 2 years ago. Used it many times since.
Hindsight - should have got the titanium one. Stainless steel is far to heavy.
Issues - bottom burn plate warped after first use. Now it doesn't fold and unfold properly. And the warped burn plate doesn't sit in its grooves at all. Still works great as a stove.
Observations - provides a ton of heat. I've surrounded it with rocks in my shelters, and it heats things up very quickly. 10/10 for packability. My MSR pot fits perfectly inside of it. Boils 1ltr water in under 5 min, if proper bed of coals has been achieved and new fuel occasionally added. Stainless steel - to heavy.
Summary - I love this stove, but to heavy. Should have got the titanium one, but to pricey. I'm afraid mine will not be coming on anymore back packing trips.
7/10 due to price and weight.
I got it super fast delivered and stove is simply fantastic!
great product great company
First class what a great bit of kit ordered the extra large grill plate and arrived in a few days
This bushbox xl is simply fantastic. Before i purchased this product i have always used the folding firebox. This bushbox xl wipes the floor with the firebox. In my opinion it would be impossible for anyone else to better this product.
best ever design and quality
absolutely the most versatile and useful new member of my line up of many stoves...using it daily inside and outside, great product, extremely easy to use...
It 'a very robust stove, large, good steel, and recommend it to all people who practice bushcraft ..
WONDERFUL OBJECT FOR COOKING GRILLING AND HEAT!
Wonderful quality and great versatility.
The bush box xl is a great piece of gear. I've used it with wood (on hikes with my grandson up into the hills, and for marshmallow roasts on the back deck with granddaughter), pellets, charcoal (wonderful option for grilling steak), and trangia burner (from brewing tea, to cooking meals) - and all the fuel options work really well in this unit!
Love using it on cool nights on the back deck with a cup of coffee or glass of wine. The fire is cheerful and cozy and the smell of wood smoke evokes wonderful memories of being out in the woods with my father when I was young (many years ago!)
As others have said, the engineering, design, and quality are all top notch.
Great for any pan cooking.
A class piece of design/engineering. It will relegate all other wood burners in my opinion.Easy to clean.Not too heavy for a product of this quality.Quite stable. The fast burn rate although efficient may preclude grilling over a medium heat but what the hell! Grilled meat is bad for you anyway.I suggest blocking some of the holes if you want to keep the embers aglow long enough.
Good product, room for improvement by adding extra parts.
Extremely good product, easy to set up and use. But could be improved by including 2 more trivets & a spare grill in the initial package. This would stop the necessity of buying spares, & enable the use of various fire lighting methods straight away.
The very BEST
I have been a long-time user of wood-burning stoves and have owned most of the common ones on the market at the present time.......None have quite fitted into the niche of my requirements...UNTIL NOW that is. The XL is simply the best. The material, workmanship, simplicity of deployment and use are beyond compare.
In a woodburning capacity this stove is fierce initially for a quick brew and then burns down to a bed of super hot coals for longer term cooking. I am rarely in need of fast and furious cooking (except the initial brew up) so this presses all the buttons for me.
In a meths burning capacity the built in features for adjustment porovide just the right amount of spacing for Trangia burners (civilian or military) or any other similar unit (Tatonka, Esbit, Evernew etc.)
As with all outdoors stoves performance on the XL is enhanced by use of a windshield, but it not an essential as it is with most other stoves.
Not the cheapest stove on the market - nor the most expensive - but worth every single Pound, Euro or Dollar. If you want quality teamed with longevity and ease of use the XL is a must.
Two extra trivets are a must in my opinion.
Essential is right! Very essential bit of kit for me.
I received my Bushbox XL within 7 days of it being shipped. And that is to Ontario, Canada. This is a unbelievably quick delivery time! I was very impressed by this. And it is a large part of ordering gear online...How long will we have to wait for something. lol...I know I count days like a child waiting for Christmas or A Birthday! :)
I was very impressed with the ease of use. The "design" is of little importance to me, other than how it compares to other bush stoves. The focus should be on the function, so I will talk about that. It functions VERY well. I had no trouble getting it setup. It is very user friendly and sets up and packs away with no trouble at all. The integrated features are fantastic and well though out. Upon opening, an ash tray falls down to catch coals and ash, and a grate for air intake falls down over that. Allowing for your fire to breath very well. This stove minimizes fuel consumption while maximizing heat output. I was astounded to see 2 foot flames roaring up from my XL within a few short minutes of starting my fire with dry wood. And it burns through wood leaving very little behind. Most efficient indeed!
I have used wood, wood pellets, a spirit burner, and fuels tabs with my XL and all have performed excellently. It is well made for use with all fuel sources.
The placement of slots to put the provided trivets in for adjusting height on spirit burners as well as metal containers for cooking/brewing is more than sufficient for any desired use.
I have used metal Nalgene bottles,canteen cups, other brands of metal conatiners, Billy pot(Zebra) and pans. all have sat well and functioned as well as one could want them to.
Cooking above the heat source via the grill plate is also a very excellent option, that I would suggest to anyone that wishes to cook in this manner.
This product offers many options and uses, for any situation you may fins yourself in.
I can not imagine not having my Bushbox XL in my pack. It comes with me everywhere. And would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. So don't hesitate to buy one. You WILL NOT regret it. I can assure you.
In fact to show how much I enjoy and use this product....I will tell you....If Bushcraft Essentials ever stops making this product for some unimaginable reason, and I somehow am parted with mine ( over my cold dead body) and can not replace it..... I will fly to Germany and have very strong words with the owner/creator....keep that in mind Detlev, mein bruder. lol
Kidding but serious. :)
So what are you waiting for? BUY ONE NOW! :)
I had tried the original bushbox and found that although brilliant, it just didn't come up to my requirements. This xl version meets and exceeds those requirements. More versatile than any other wood stove, taking many different pots with ease. Kettles, billy cans and mess tins of varying sizes fit perfectly. A spirit burner works as well in this as in a trangia but without the bulk. Wood works even better than a spirit burner. I can't camp without this. A must have buy.